She was born in Athens. She graduated from the University of Athens, Law School (1983). She continued her postgraduate studies at the Université de Droit, d' Ėconomie et des Sciences Sociales, Paris ΙΙ (Panthéon-Assas), earning a D.E.A. in Administrative Science (1986). She also attended the Public Law Seminars of the Council of State (1991). She is fluent in French and English.
Since 1986, she has been practicing law in domestic Courts (Council of State, Court of Audit and Administrative Courts) as well as in European Courts (E.C.H.R. and C.J.E.U.) on a wide range of public law cases. She has acted as a Legal Counsel and member of the Legal Board of the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE), and as an Attorney for the Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government. She has also cooperated with the “Athens Planning and Urban Development Organization” (“ORSA”) and the “Double Regeneration Votanikos-Alexandras Avenue S.A” of the Municipality of Athens. She has participated in Law Drafting Committees of the Ministry of Environment. Currently, she is President of World Wide Fund for Nature (“WWF HELLAS”) and General Secretary of the Hellenic Scientific Association of Planning and Urban Development Law (“Eedipox”). Finally, she is a research associate at the greek law journal “Theory and Practice of Public Law”.
She specializes in all aspects of Environmental Law, Land-Planning, Energy and Natural Resources. Her practice covers all the above areas, including: 1) The evaluation and authorization of public and private projects in Greece. She has been actively involved with the drafting and coordination of Strategic and Environmental Impact Studies. She has also been advised to litigation stages of the relevant administrative acts, as well as to all kind of permits/licenses requested, 2) Protected areas and sites (NATURA 2000, forests, borders of coast, sea-sides, monuments) and all relevant land use litigations, 3) Implementation of Planning and Urban Development Law and relevant litigations.
She has published several articles, including:
- «Rationalism v. Tradition; "Alevromyloi Alatini" cases (CoS 669/2010) and the principle of "single administration", in the Honorary Volume «The Judge, the Law, and the Environment», dedicated to C. Menoudakos, honorary President of Council of State, Sakkoulas Publ. (2016), p. 155 et seq.
- «The case law about spatial planning and the Law 4269/2014; the example of Special Spatial Planning Frameworks» in Environment and Public Procurement, Symposium of Union of members of the State Legal Counsel and Hellenic Single Public Procurement Authority (EAADHSY), Nomiki Vivliothiki (2016), p. 157 et seq.
- «La dimension écologique de la Convention européenne des droits de l'homme et les limites du contrôle juridictionnel», in «La dimension écologique de la Convention européenne des droits de l'homme et les limites du contrôle juridictionnel», et seq.
- «The integration of Archeological sites and monuments in modern life», Theory and Practice of Administrative Law 1 (2011), p. 15 et seq.
- «The "destination" of land beyond town planning boundaries: a legal presumption at challenge», Law and Nature Journal www.nomosphysis.org.gr (May 2009).
- «ECHR Budayeva and others v. Russia; Right to life and environmental protection», Applied Administrative Law KA (2008), III, p. 1094.
- «The binding effect of the "rules of science" in urban planning, in the Urban planning competences and Constitution»,Institute of Local Government (ITA), Papazisis Publ. (2008), p. 69 .
- (with P. Voyatzis) «Οlympic Games and Environmental Law before the Council of State: a difficult balance», in the Honorary Volume of the Council of State – 75 years, Sakkoulas Publ. (2004), p. 1089